Youth Literacy and Education
- Full-time Web Services Youth Librarian for Warren-Newport Public Library.
- Monthly blog author for YALSA’s The Hub, a young adult literature blog.
- Special Event Educator Volunteer at the Adler Planetarium.
- Completed a 10-Week Storytime Outreach Internship.
- Completed masters level courses on Children’s Collection Development, Youth Services and Early Childhood Literacy and Language Development.
- Background in Education, certified Illinois Type 09 Secondary English Education.
- Website administrator for three organizational blogs.
- Administrator for professional organization’s social media websites and applications.
- Member of virtual services, web posting social media committees.
- Train staff on new virtual services.
Information Literacy and Reference
- Experience as Full-time Library Assistant for a medical library serving a Chicagoland hospital and nursing college.
- Completed research requests for staff physicians, nurses and nursing professors.
- Developed and presented user instruction sessions for nursing students and new staff members.
- Created new professional development collection in collaboration with Career and Counseling Department.
Customer Service and Professional Development
- Belong to ALA, YALSA and ILA professional organizations.
- Virtual member of YALSA’s Financial Advancement Committee and Popular Paperbacks Selection Committee.
- Employee of the month for major book retailer for developing customer service initiatives.
- Completed over 30 hours of training on the customer experience and improving customer service scores.
- Employee of the year for creating and leading employee orientation and training for recreation facility.
For more information and a complete resume email at akmargie[at]gmail[dot]com